Wednesday 3 September 2014

Black Hawk, Part 51

NAME
Black Hawk, Part 51

FIRST PUBLISHED
2000 AD & Tornado Prog 159

DATELINE
5 Apr 80

PAGE COUNT
4

REPRINTS
Black Hawk: The Intergalactic Gladiator.

SYNOPSIS
Black Hawk finds the Soul-Sucker.

FIRSTS & LASTS
Last appearance in flashback of the Entertainers and the Great Beast

INFORMATION
The Hell at World's End is an area of land subject to the gravitational forces of the event horizon of the black hole.

BLACK HAWK
He follows a mysterious voice to an illusory wall, walks through and discovers the Soul-Sucker. He resists its commands and stabs it with Bloodblade.

OTHER CHARACTERS
KWARK.
It doesn't have any definitive data on the soul.

DEATHS
One. Black Hawk kills a Bozo.

BEST LINES
Black Hawk: "My past is behind me, I create my own destiny. And I say - never again will I be called slave!"
Soulsucker: "You will do as I tell you - or you will die!"
Black Hawk: "If it is death that awaits me - then I run to its embrace as a free man!"

WORST LINES
Great Beast (in flashback): "I am the hunter - you are the doomed!"

CATCHPHRASES
"Where in the name of Sebek?" and "Sebek!"

CONTINUITY & CROSSOVERS
We see flashback to Black Hawk's enslavement by the Romans, capture by the Entertainers and first encounter with the Great Beast.

INFLUENCES & REFERENCES
Unknown.

MISTAKES
None.

RETROSPECT
None.

NOTES
None.

CREDITS
Script: Alvin Gaunt
Artist: Belardinelli
Letters: Peter Knight

REVIEW
This is great and the exchanges at the beginning and end are wonderful. It seems strange to introduce Kwark and then immediately sideline him.

Next Prog: Click Whirr Click. No Definitive Data.

No comments:

Post a Comment